Monday, September 24, 2007

Prison Literacy

I am involved in a big Prison Literacy Project. So far it has been a lot of organizing work. I have invited 160 people by e-mail to participate and now I am tracking down the few who have written back and agreed to give it a try. I am also tracking down others who may have overlooked my invitation! Each person requires letters of encouragement and explanation to be involved, and so far I have been finding the energy and courage to do it. I also have to coordinate my wrangling with an editor (in Saskatchewan!) Bill says I am passionate about prison literacy because in a sense I was an illiterate prisoner in my mother's house. I'm hurrying on this project. It is my zoomy squirrelly season and I know I will eventually turn into a gray winter squash for three months and not have the patience, optimism, or stamina. But for now I am a bright orange pumpkin!

No comments: