Saturday, September 22, 2007

Kitchen Dream

Today is overcast, but it didn't start out this way. When I woke I saw Venus in the sky, a bright light in the cobalt sky. The cloud cover rolled in and it's soothing. I have to go to the Woonsocket Police Station to get fingerprinted for a criminal background check so I can teach my poetry + art class at the YMCA. Times sure have changed from when I was a kid. But I am so excited about my class. I wish the YMCA had a kitchen because then I would make the class be the poetry and art of bread-making! Maybe we can get a grant or perhaps a local philanthropist will build us a YMCA kitchen. We could have seasonal favorites like an apple pie class in autumn and a winter breads and soups class. I'm drooling just thinking about it. Home economics is important and seems to be a dying art these days.

No comments: