Monday, September 24, 2007

City Life

The city has lit the bocce courts on Elbow Street so people can play bocce at night, while the baseball games are happening! I will have to give it a try. I have authentic Italian bocce balls I got from an Italian-American hardware store in Providence twenty years ago. Italian hardware: bocce balls and pasta machines.

I think the city needs a dog park, but my husband reminds me 99 percent of the dogs in this city are pit bulls! So maybe we should have a community garden instead. The Lao families grow amazing peppers and vegetables on their porches - they would have more space in a community garden. We could learn more about what they grow and how to cook it!

I saw Donat this morning while walking by the Castle Luncheonette. He was lookin' sharp in gray slacks, leather belt, blue ribbed polo shirt, and brown penny loafers. I said "Hi how are you?" He said "Beautiful day for a walk!" It was 85 degrees and the trees have been turning orange. He said, "I have heartburn. I can't complain at my age, but I think it goes with you." I laughed and said I would hate to think of having heartburn while I'm in the grave! He then told me he has a stuffed tiger he got fifteen years ago propped on his bed. When the landlord comes to check his apartment he says, "Watch out for the tiger in my bed!"

No comments: