Friday, March 06, 2015

Giambattista Valli

Q. How does your day begin?

A. I like to have two days in one: one private, one professional. I live on the opposite side of Paris to my office, because I really love to separate my two personal and professional lives. So I live in Canal Saint-Martin. It’s very bohemian; it looks like a village. I have a very long breakfast, that is my silent moment; I’m getting energy and cleaning up my mind to come and start a new day. Normally I have a trainer come into the house. I do meditation, sometimes I do yoga. It’s almost like a treat to go from that side of Paris to this side, the most historical and institutional one. It’s a place very inspiring for the luxury profession. And then I come to the office, and the first thing is I have my tea. I drink tea all day.

Q. What happens in the office? Do you draw?

A. When I sketch a collection, mostly I do it in my house, because it’s the moment you are really naked with a white sheet of paper; it’s the moment that you are the most fragile, with your mind, your soul, your emotions open. So I do it in private.

Source

No comments: