Thursday, March 05, 2015

I Love the Ladies of the Pool

Yesterday walking Lily I ran into two neighbors who both told me they just got physical therapy in the pool at Fogarty in North Smithfield.
"Water is the healer" I said, smiling.

I love going swimming in the early morning or the late afternoon. Swimming is my 4:00 tea and I am swimming in the cup. Swimming lifts my spirits and calms me. I sleep better and I receive clearer signals through my body antenna.

Yesterday I was an emotionally exhausted wreck and I made myself go "for ten minutes". When arrived I was with three women in the pool. One was having a one-on-one-swim-lesson and then they left. After a very blissful long swim I realized I recognized the woman swimming laps. She was thinking the same thing about me. We used to both swim at the YMCA. We both love the RI Athletic Club a million times better because they are all about community and community outreach and have better hours. They are flexible and super kind and cheerful. The place is spotless with no bad odors. The multiple changing rooms are cozy and varied. There's a dry sauna in the large locker room. The water is as hot as you want it to be! The RI Athletic Club doing what the Y promises but doesn't do. Barbara told me she cured her son of ADHD from a particular salicylates allergy diet when he was a child. I had never heard of it but it made sense to me so I looked it up.

Here.

No comments: