Thursday, May 07, 2015

Bocce league of Woonsocket

Today was warm up for the bocce and quoits leagues of Woonsocket. It's located at Bouley Field off of Elbow Street in Woonsocket next to Rite Glass, my neighborhood. I love to watch them play. Some of the players get all dressed up. One lady always wears a straw hat with a red flower, flowered blouse and red lipstick to match. They start early 8:30 AM on Thursdays.

I LOVE BOCCE! My step father, and both of my grandfathers played: my Brighton Beach Jewish Grandpa Nat, and my Sicilian Italian Papa Paul used to play on weekends in our bocce court in the backyard while smoking cigars. I would watch from the tree-house. I loved it when they would cheer and laugh. When they finished a round I loved the thundering sound of the balls knocking against the wood.


Woonsocket Senior Bocce League begins season May 7

WOONSOCKET - The Woonsocket Senior Bocce League will begin the season with an organization and practice session on Thursday, May 7 at 8:30 a.m. at Bouley Field.

The league is open to anyone over the age of 50 from any community.

League play is scheduled to begin on Thursday, May 14 at 8:30 a.m.

For more information, call David Mencarini at 401-762-3145 or Armand Renaud at 401-766-8438.

No comments: