Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Why?

Do you want to hear my dream?
No. Save it for Dr. Brown, Leela's mother Gertie said, fastening her seat belt.
You always say that. Can't I just tell you? Jeez, why do I always have to save it for Dr. Brown?
I don't want to hear it, Gertie said cranking up the classical music station.
My ears are bleeding from Beethoven! I'll tell Dr. Brown my mother is giving me classical music poisoning.
Leela stared out of the car's side window trying to decipher people's trash piles as they drove by at 40 miles an hour. Gertie kept sighing impatient with the single-lane road. She crossed over the double yellow line gunning it, to pass the light blue Oldsmobile in front of them. She swerved back in to the right lane just in time to avoid a crash. When they arrived in downtown Greenville Gertie ran a red light, honking as they drove through the intersection.
Mom, what are you doing?
It's okay if you honk while driving through.
Really? I didn't see that in the driver's Ed manual. We might as well get you a police siren if you're going to drive like that. (Smack). Why are you taking ME to a psychiatrist if you are breaking every known driving law and beating me up to boot?

No comments: