Thursday, October 01, 2015

L.M. Montgomery

“Oh, sometimes I think it is of no use to make friends. They only go out of your life after awhile and leave a hurt that is worse than the emptiness before they came.”
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Avonlea

“Humor is the spiciest condiment in the feast of existence. Laugh at your mistakes but learn from them, joke over your troubles but gather strength from them, make a jest of your difficulties but overcome them.”
― L.M. Montgomery

“True friends are always together in spirit.”
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

“Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.”
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

“And if you couldn't be loved, the next best thing was to be let alone.”
― L.M. Montgomery

“Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.”
― L.M. Montgomery, The Story Girl

“You may tire of reality but you never tire of dreams.”
― L.M. Montgomery, The Road to Yesterday

“There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting.”
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

“Life is worth living as long as there's a laugh in it.”
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

“Well, we all make mistakes, dear, so just put it behind you. We should regret our mistakes and learn from them, but never carry them forward into the future with us.”
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Avonlea

“I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

“I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.”
― L.M. Montgomery

“My life is a perfect graveyard of buried hopes.”
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

“After all," Anne had said to Marilla once, "I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string.”
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Avonlea

“Anne laughed.

No comments: