Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Orion in the Sky

Orion in the sky this morning. Stars so bright and Venus up there too. My apples are rotting in the basket. I dreamed my friend Jon moved into Ann's house and painted the kitchen red. The paint was still wet, and I got paint on my clothes. The kitchen windows were filled in with granite blocks, shades and an air conditioner painted red.

I Love this Bly poem today on Writer's Almanac:

Nailing a Dock Together
by Robert Bly


The dock is done, pulled out in the lake. How I love
Putting my wet foot
On the boards I sawed myself!
It is a ladder stretching back to land.

So many secrets are still hidden.
A walker digs up a tin box with secrets
And then joyfully buries it again
So that the night and day will remain fresh.

The horse stands penned, but is also free.
It is a horse whose neck human
Beings have longed to touch for centuries.
He stands in a stable of invisible wood.

- Robert Bly from Like the New Moon, I Will Live My Life. © White Pine Press, 2015.

No comments: