Thursday, October 01, 2015

Profiler

Yesterday I started up my 1995 maroon Subaru wagon after a four month hiatus. I don't like to drive. I'm a terra firma girl. I walk everywhere that I can go with my dog. I had to pump up my slow leak flat tire, check the oil and see if she would even budge. It was raining buckets but the air was so warm I didn't mind getting wet. It felt great. I was thrilled that she started right up. I drove off. As I left the city I meandered through the country roads. Some trees had orange and yellow leaves. I didn't turn on the radio fearing distraction. In the rear view mirror I spotted car driving close behind me. When I turned left the car behind turned too. I noticed his profile. He looked familiar. Alfred Hitchock. Maybe he was off to visit the chocolate nuns but he vanished as I climbed the hill.

No comments: