Saturday, October 03, 2015

Teach us About Complex Trauma

I' on the email list for the GoodTherapy web sitewww.GoodTherapy.org and every Friday two articles arrive and I am rarely disappointed.
What Pixar’s ‘Inside Out’ Can Teach Us about Trauma, Part I
September 22, 2015 • By Sarah Jenkins, Topic Expert Contributor

Editor’s note: This is the first article in a two-part series that explores how the Pixar movie Inside Out offers a compelling and accessible way to look the impact of trauma and dissociation. Part II appears here.

It’s rare that I give homework to people in therapy. In fact, as a trauma therapist specializing in complex trauma, I find that more often than not some homework assignments can be triggering. So it is a very conscious choice when I ask people to do homework in between sessions.

No comments: