Friday, October 02, 2015

Urban Cowgirl in Love

I'm an urban cowgirl without the cow, just the milk. I need to embroider two red roses on my black cowboy shirt and wear purple cowboy boots and leather chaps. I need to hang out at Champs diner and leave a red lipstick imprint on my coffee mug. In my dreams.

I'm in love with Pico Iyer.

“It’s not our experiences that form us but the ways in which we respond to them;”
― Pico Iyer, The Virtue of Stillness

“You go into the dark to get away from what you know, and if you go far enough, you realize, suddenly, that you'll never really make it back into the light.”
― Pico Iyer, Sun After Dark: Flights Into the Foreign

“Finding a sanctuary, a place apart from time, is not so different from finding a faith.”
― Pico Iyer, Falling Off the Map: Some Lonely Places of the World

No comments: