Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Running Towards

I think it's time I ignore my flaky friends because what good is it to have one's hopes dashed continually. Now it has become my problem to expect better of the same people year after year. Let 'em go, I tell myself. They have proven to be ineducable. And what about me? If I don't value my time and boundaries nobody else will. I can teach people how to treat me but if they are incapable of learning? Just walk away. I still love them but they have been moved to the last row of the balcony. Only the very special are allowed in the orchestra pit with me.

I always imagine people are aiming and striving for the same things as me. I am completely wrong! People are running away from the very same things I run towards. For example I recently injured my leg muscles after two days of shoveling. I told a friend who suggested I sit on the couch for six weeks watching movies. I was horrified at the thought. I decided to continue with my regular life of walking my dog and swimming but at a slower pace. I took out an extra load of library books. The knee agony is severe but I am working through the pain and my leg is healing.

No comments: