Tuesday, February 09, 2016

The Power of Empathy

“The great gift of human beings is that we have the power of empathy, we can all sense a mysterious connection to each other.”
― Meryl Streep

“Acting is not about being someone different. It’s finding the similarity in what is apparently different, then finding myself in there.”
― Meryl Streep

“I have a theory that movies operate on the level of dreams, where you dream yourself.”
― Meryl Streep

“No one has ever asked an actor, 'You're playing a strong-minded man…' We assume that men are strong-minded, or have opinions. But a strong-minded woman is a different animal.”
― Meryl Streep

“You don't have to be famous. You just have to make your mother and father proud of you.”
― Meryl Streep

“I think the best role models for women are people who are fruitfully and confidently themselves, who bring light into the world.”
― Meryl Streep

“Put blinders on to those things that conspire to hold you back, especially the ones in your own head.”
― Meryl Streep

“I like who I am now. Other people may not. I'm comfortable. I feel freer now. I don't want growing older to matter to me.”
― Meryl Streep

“The formula of happiness and success is just, being actually yourself, in the most vivid possible way you can.”
― Meryl Streep

“This is your time and it feels normal to you, but really, there is no normal. There's only change and resistance to it and then more change.”
― Meryl Streep

“It is well that the earth is round that we do not see too far ahead.”
― Meryl Streep

“You can't get spoiled if you do your own ironing.”
― Meryl Streep

“I wonder which of the megaton bombs Jesus, our President's personal savior, would have personally dropped on the sleeping families of Baghdad?”
― Meryl Streep

“I always feel like I can't do it, that I can't go through with a movie. But then I do go through with it after all.”
― Meryl Streep

“I didn't have any confidence in my beauty when I was young. I felt like a character actress, and I still do.”
― Meryl Streep

“It's amazing what you can get if you quietly, clearly and authoritatively demand it.”
― Meryl Streep

“I have a very good life - I'm lucky enough not to be deprived.”
― Meryl Streep

“I think you find your own way. You have your own rules. You have your own understanding of yourself, and that's what you're going to count on. In the end, it's what feels right to you. Not what your mother told you. Not what some actress told you. Not what anybody else told you but the still, small voice.”
― Meryl Streep

No comments: