Friday, July 22, 2016

Transmit Energy

The past 4 days I've been a spinning top. I did what I said I wouldn't do with my transmit energy. I started vacuuming and cleaning taking off screens to hose off the dust, taking a toothbrush to the molding, sponging off the venetian blinds. You get the picture.

Yesterday I was wild with energy too starting at 4:15 AM. My husband reminded me to eat lunch with him and suggested we sit down to a real dinner and he insisted I stop to sleep at night. I was not hungry or tired but I knew he was right. He also suggested I go swimming lest I truly float away out to Jupiter. He's the smartest guy in the world. (someone has to be) He's known me and lived with me 31 years, longer than anyone on the planet.

When my transmit energy is high I have to try to focus on my usual things: writing and swimming. But so many other things are calling me too. So I wake early and sleep a lot less.

Yesterday I was talking to a woman in the parking lot at the Community Garden. I had gone in to hose down Lily. This lady was very sweet. We got talking about our LOVE OF WOONSOCKET . She was concerned about her neighborhood where there's been shootings. She's a single mom raising a teen. "A few times I have called the police to send a guy over to get my daughter to go to school. "Wow, they'll do that?" I said.

Then I met a lovely man a Great-grand-father named Lucien. "My wife Aline died 9 months ago we were married 66 years. I didn't realize it but women let us believe we are in charge but really the woman runs everything."
"True!" I said laughing.
"She was a good woman, if she was willing to keep this secret," I said.
"She raised five boys, kept the house clean, was respectful and a good listener," He admitted. "One thing I never let her do again, I never let her clean the kitchen floor on her knees." he said.

It's 2 PM and I have not left this building. This is good for a change of pace. I picked up the parking lot, made an 8 loaf batch of multigrain bread dough to rise, vacuumed the third floor, first floor and washed all of the office curtains.

There's an Air Quality alert and I feel it in my lungs and throat. I will stay indoors and swim indoors. I prepped bread and I boiled a dozen local eggs. My windows are open because I like hearing the sounds of the city and feeling the air move. I've hosed my dog and myself three times already.

My cat Sammy the monster is happy to be in my office today. A rare treat. He is asleep on my office swivel chair. The classical station is playing and I can hear the little kids next door giggling. I am hearing sirens and the leaves rustling in the breeze.

Two things I obsess over in TRANSMIT: sewing vests and dresses, making ice, and running. And Instead I continue to write and swim.

No comments: