Thursday, May 21, 2020

Fan of the Box Fan

Spring is torture for my introverted soul. It feels like everyone in the neighborhood is living large and loud and taking up the sound space. People are either partying, blaring music, or using loud engines to transport themselves or to control plant matter.

I like the city I just wish people were a bit more considerate. I duck inside and put on my fan and read and write and cook. When I've had enough of that I take a very long walk to broaden my horizons and it usually lifts my mood.

I remember that my box fan is by best friend when the weather warms up because along with circulating air it mutes the world. Last year I discovered that I didn't have to take apart my fan to clean it. I could hose it off with warm water and let it dry out for a few days.

No comments: