Sunday, January 29, 2023

Downtown Sunday Morning

I saw Linneice get in her car this morning. I waved and she buzzed down the window. "I'm so glad you're still my neighbor! I saw Lou go into your old apartment and it was empty. I said, 'Where'd she go?' He said you'd bought the house next door! I'm so happy!"

"Me too! she replied.

"And I'm so happy you painted those bright yellow doors red."

"Yeah, I need to give them a second coat. It was a cold day when we painted them." Then she drove off in her black Mercedes, still in her red bathrobe.

Downtown was deserted. I spotted two paper-bagged lunches under a tree in the park behind CVS. I could see a PB&J sandwich on white bread and a hard boiled egg and a banana, abandoned. Romeo accidentally peed on one of the bags. Damn!

The men building the Mayoral Academy gym are working today because it's sunny and 50 degrees. The former dental office across the street had a crew of guys working up on the roof. Global warming is a boon to these guys. Meanwhile I worry about the polar bears.

No comments: