Monday, January 26, 2015

Milk, Bread, Batteries

I'm excited about the storm and so was everyone I saw yesterday when I walked Lily to Edgewater Drive. I saw Peter and his sister in law shoveling. I saw Mallary and we walked the loop together with Lily. She loves crafts and told me she wants to learn to make soap. I've never made soap but I'd love to try it. I said her sisters and mom and I could have a soap making day at my studio. That would be so cool.

Today I am thinking about what I might need to get in preparation for the storm. I might want to get batteries and maybe a big fat chicken to roast if they are still on sale. Maybe I'll get a gallon of milk, too at the dairy farm. I'll be baking bread tonight or tomorrow, as long as we have electricity! I'm also thinking of making wine biscotti but making them thin and flat using my cookie cutter. They are so great with tea.

My muscles are still sore from shoveling the past few days but I don't mind I actually like the feeling of sore muscles. I feel lucky that I love to shovel and walk and swim. I never want to live as if I was just a head propped on a body.

No comments: