Monday, January 19, 2015

Poe: Dream within a Dream

All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry.
― Edgar Allan Poe

Sleep, those little slices of death — how I loathe them.
― Edgar Allan Poe

Never to suffer would never to have been blessed.
― Edgar Allan Poe

From childhood's hour I have not been. As others were, I have not seen. As others saw, I could not awaken. My heart to joy at the same tone. And all I loved, I loved alone.
― Edgar Allan Poe

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
― Edgar Allan Poe

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.
― Edgar Allan Poe

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.
― Edgar Allan Poe, Eleonora

I have great faith in fools - self-confidence my friends will call it.
― Edgar Allan Poe, Marginalia

We loved with a love that was more than love.
― Edgar Allan Poe

I was never really insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched.
― Edgar Allan Poe

There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.
― Edgar Allan Poe

No comments: