Monday, February 27, 2017

Being a Conduit

Something's in the air, besides Juniper pollen. Two people on my walk stopped and told me about grieving the loss of their dogs. I listened. And they cried.

I picked up a copy of A STRONG WEST WIND by Gail Caldwell and I am already hooked. She is my new favorite writer. I couldn't return her other book LET'S TAKE the LONG WAY HOME because I LOVE IT and need to pull quotes from it. I am CLINGY with books that I love. The truth is I always fear that I have found the last good book on earth. I have felt that way for 50 years. My fear is there's a shortage of the books I like; memoirs written by writers who are in love with language. I have read May Sarton's Journal of a Solitude over fifty times. I own three copies of it, scattered around the house for easy reach. It is my bible.
February sun is on my torso and abdomen. I am sharing the sun spot with Sammy and Lily. Classical music on the radio. I have a dear old friend coming over on Wednesday and a new friend coming over on Friday. I must think about how much dust I am willing to share. "Just be yourself! And remember that is enough!"

A friend of mine is selling a cluster of historic buildings and another friend is looking to buy property. I have introduced them. I am excited to see if something happens. I love being a conduit.

No comments: