Monday, February 27, 2017

The Gift of Love

Last I had a phone message from Sylvia asking me to call her. She sounded weak and far away. I called her right back. "How are you?"
"Terrible. I'm angry and depressed and don't know why."
"You don't need to know. Come over," I said
"I'm not very good company."
"That's okay, I am not afraid, you can bring Lucy and even if you only stay for ten minutes."
"I'm depressed."
"I know, I understand, I am depressed half the year. I won't be offended."
"Okay, I'll be right there."
She sat on a tall kitchen stool keeping her pink Winter coat on. I made yogi tea and waffles and we told stories. She stayed for a few hours.
"I'll check on you tomorrow," I said walking her to her car.
Bill treats me this well when I'm blue, and this was my chance to share the love.
I crawled into bed and red my book to the end.

No comments: