Tuesday, February 28, 2017

The Stories People Tell Me

I met a man at the library yesterday and he told me his son was a teacher who worked with troubled kids. There was one kid that did not belong. "'What's up with you?' his son asked the kid
'My mother lied and said I beat her up and I was put in foster care and my dog was given to the shelter. Then she ran off with her boyfriend.' The teacher told the boy, "hang on I will get your dog." He rescued the dog from the Warwick shelter and brought it home. The boy's dog didn't get along with the teachers dog so he asked his father to "watch him until I get this kid out of the system," Then he contacted the boy's dad in Minnesota, and his father came east to get him. Unfortunately they were not able to take the dog back to MN. Meanwhile the father had already fallen in love with the dog and happily had him for 16 years. He passed away 3 weeks ago.

No comments: