Monday, February 27, 2017

Outsider

I have always felt like an outsider visiting this planet.I am endlessly puzzled. My husband translates, "You're from Saturn, this is how Earthlings behave."

Last night I finished the book, Take the Long Way Home by Gail Caldwell. I LOVED IT SOOOOO MUCH! I am grieving that the book is over. Luckily she has written more books and one of them is awaiting me at the library.

I washed and tried on the thin short periwinkle bathrobe I found on my walk on Saturday. It's just what I've wanted for wearing at the pool. I walked by it and then heard my friend Peter M's voice in my head,"The best clothes find you," I turned around and picked it up and stuffed it into a plastic bag.
After it dried on the clothesline I noticed it was monogrammed with initials RLL.

This morning the clothesline exhibit is particularly colorful with magenta kids clothes. I have always LOVED clotheslines.

When I was a child my mother refused to acknowledge our next door neighbors because "They hang out their laundry". After she left the ghetto she didn't want to see any signs of it in the affluent suburbs.

No comments: