Friday, February 24, 2017

I LOVE People

On my walk this morning I ran into my pals walking downtown. Greg Marcoux told me that his grandmother and her three sisters used to row across Spring Lake when they were girls, to get ice for the ice box. Their father died when they were 12 and this was how they helped their mother.
"That's a story for the museum," I said.

Henry walks for miles I see him each morning. He loves Lily. He told me Donat is not doing well. "He's limping and taking small steps. He's my age, he turned 89 in December and I turned 89 in February 1st," said Henry. "Really, I thought you were in your 60's. Do you ever see Eugene and Rita? They 're brother and sister in their upper 80's 8 years ago. They used to walk from Manville to Woonsocket each day. I haven't seen them in a few years," I said. "There's a guy who works at Chelos for 35 years who carries weights, he walks from Manville each day," said Henry. "Yes, I know him! The city is full of great people. If people got out of their cars and walked they would see how great most people are," I said. "I agree," said Henry. I saw Dave picking up garbage on Clinton Street in his Highway Dept lime glow green zipper sweatshirt. "I'll volunteer, I have a bucket and a grabber, I want the zipper sweatshirt!"
"Ask the Mayor," Dave said. "She'll give you one."
"I'll work for it!" I said smiling.

No comments: