Saturday, October 27, 2018

Sew a Button

The Velcro had worn off pup Romeo's winter jacket and I began using a clothespin to hold it. I did this for most of last winter. Finally the other day we lost the beloved clothespin and I knew it was time. I was intimidated because I knew I'd be cutting into the fabric to make the button hole and I just kept putting it off. Yesterday after swimming I was in a good mood. I ran upstairs and got my jar of colorful buttons and picked out a big red one to match his black and red coat. I sewed on the button and cut a slit in the overlapping fabric and it worked. It only took ten minutes. I know it sounds silly but it made me so happy especially after thinking about it for months. I put Romeo's coat on him and he was happy and handsome. Then we took a long walk to the pond and ran into Doreen and Ranger. Maybe I should sew another jacket for Romeo, one that has his name on it on one side and a message on the other like, I Love Woonsocket.

No comments: