Sunday, January 04, 2015

Shoveling Slush

I was drinking tea when heard the snow shovel. I dug my shovel out from behind my summer umbrella, and raced outside. I like to be the first one to shovel! I shovel paths for my husband, and Keith our beloved mailman, my dog Lily, and the oil man. It's is heavy slush and I broke a sweat immediately. I stripped down to my sleeveless cotton zipper vest and black thin cotton khakis and shoveled out my neighbors. Its these little kindnesses that say 'I love you, neighbor.'
This week has been discombobulating. My energy is downshifting which is good for my work because I can sit still concentrate for longer stretches. Yesterday felt like Sunday and the day before that felt like a Monday. I still wake up at 4 by habit but try to roll over and dream until 6ish. I promised the highway department I would bake for them. I always need an audience! What should I make? Wine biscotti? Sourdough rolls? Or Carrot cake?

No comments: