Monday, February 08, 2021

They Disgust Me

 I am an introvert but the family pressure was on to try a zoom meeting. After 10 seconds I was about to close my laptop. "You can't do that," my husband said. 

"Why not?"

"Because you've just been let into someone's house. You can't just walk out."

"Why not. I made a mistake. It was the wrong house!"

At this point my sisters and their husbands were yelling at me to turn on my camera. But the camera showed me the hole in my dining room ceiling. So my husband moved my laptop and chair. 

"The yelling!" I said. "No way am I doing this!" I yelled.

I walked down into the cellar and began shuffling my clothes preparing for a batch of laundry. Then I went upstairs 2 flights to my office. My husband came up. "I can't do this," I said. "I ran away from home once. I am not interested in these people. Not all at once. Not shouting at me. Not with all of their inherited toys and furniture in view in the background. Not with their New York accents. They disgust me!" I screamed.

No comments: