Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Blue Tuesday

Just now on our downtown walk with Romeo-pup we spotted a huge crowd of police officers in uniform and civilians wearing black. They were gathered wearing masks standing outside in front of the police station. The flagpole was at half-mast. "What's going on?" I asked.
"One of our retired officers passed away so we're having a procession in lieu of a funeral," Chief Oates told us. A group of them were posing for pictures.
"Would you like me to photograph one with all of you?" I offered.
"Actually, would you be interested in photographing the motorcade in a few minutes?"
"Be glad to. I'll make a video and then you can edit out what you want."
"That would be great."

The red and blue lights and white headlights on the row of parked police vehicles came on. Traffic was stopped and I panned the officers and civilians lined up facing the street. The motorcade approached and then stopped. The police saluted and a brief ceremony was announced over the loud speaker from dispatch. I videoed all of them lined up saluting. I panned to the motorcycles with Woonsocket Police glow jackets. When I backed up I noticed one lane of traffic was still open and cars were driving towards me so I jumped to the sidewalk.

No comments: