Tuesday, February 28, 2023

School Cancelled Snow Day Sourdough Multigrain Pancakes

I woke up with a storm pressure headache and took generic Excedrin and a decongestant. It worked fast! I shoveled out the driveway and shared areas and visited with my shoveling neighbor Joey. Then I was nauseous from the medicine and half banana so I drank  2 bowls of my chicken soup and made whole wheat sourdough cornmeal buttermilk molasses pancakes. I make them so often I don't measure! I do taste the batter to get the salt sweet balance.

 2 eggs, molasses, 1 teasp baking soda salt + 2 Tbsp corn oil. (whisk) add sourdough starter 2 or 3 cups cornmeal and buttermilk (or yogurt). Taste adjust. Can add chopped apples and mushed over ripe banana or canned pumpkin or dried cranberries or none of these things.

No comments: