Sunday, September 20, 2020

Michael

Last night we stopped at the fish market. I ran in and picked up a gorgeous piece of Atlantic Cod. The car window was open 3 inches so I was able to reach back inside to get Romeo while Bill was inside the store paying. The car alarm sounded. I was so embarrassed. I didn't have the keys so I just tried to ignore it. Two young men came out of the market. I apologized to them for the noise. One of them said, "Do you remember me?"

"Michael, Yes I do, I said, smiling. You were the star of my bread baking class."

 "I work here now."

"I love Wilfred's. You must know a lot about fish, even more than the fishermen."

"Yeah."

"Great to see you."

"Are you still my neighbor?"

"No, we moved. I live up on Carrington Ave," he said.

"Are you a senior?"

"A junior."

"I will be back again to see you," I said.

"What days are you here?"

"Thursdays 3-6PM and Saturdays until 2PM."

No comments: