Monday, January 05, 2015

Dear Wanda: Letter from Chuck Mangione

Dear Wanda Burgess,

Tonight is New Year's Eve and for the first time in many years I'm not performing. It's a nice feeling because it's given me a chance to reflect on the past year and to look ahead as well.

1972 was a year of many pleasant and rewarding experiences for me: a Grammy nomination, a European tour, two quartet albums, good health in my family, faithful friends, a happy year in our first house, - I could go on and on. But really, as straight out as an "inside" musician like me can say it, your note is one of the nicest and most flattering I've ever received. What a wonderful Christmas present! For someone to feel so much happiness from my music is a supreme compliment and for you to take the time to write
makes it all extra special.

My wish for 1973 is that God will give me more music to share with beautiful people like you and your family. Again I'm humbled by your
comments and hope that the new year brings you half the good feeling that your letter brought me.

Love,
Chuck Mangione

source: http://www.chuckmangione.com/letterfromchuck.html

No comments: