Thursday, January 01, 2015

New Years Day

I love cake batter more than cake and pancake batter more than pancakes but I don't like licking batter off the spatula. It is like eating food off of a raincoat.

I started my day with black coffee and a bite of leftover lemon cheesecake and chocolate cake made into a sandwich.

Our kitchen is so cold my fingers are yellowy-white. I am dreaming of a sauna and a swim.

I just put a pot of lentils and chicken broth with garlic cloves in the oven. It will smell like a roast and warm the kitchen.

We saw Bill Murray interviewed by Charlie Rose and he was amazing. A good actor has a mesmerizing face. Bill Murray and Jeff Goldblum are favorite faces to watch.

I am tempted to take the polar plunge into the ocean but it might not be good for asthmatic lungs. Instead I'll walk to the market in the ice cold sunshine and get some collard greens.

No comments: