Sunday, April 01, 2007

Goinky Goinky

Spring has sprung! I'm high as the moon! A histamine high!!

We had a seven-horn blues-jam blow-out at Pawtucket's News Cafe Thursday night! The jam was really great. Seven horns!!! Everyone was having fun. I pushed air like never before. My inner critic was out to dinner, and a few people noticed. I think it's the tree pollen boosting my courage.

I'm looking to find bright yellow overall rain pants to wear as a stage outfit. I'm into highway department fashion! I did have yellow rain pants once I got from Job Lot. I wore them with a magenta jog bra to a Christmas party 15 years ago. It was my best party outfit ever! Unfortunately the pants were el cheapo and crumbled a year later.

Friday morning I walked to City Hall with Honey to renew her dog license. I left the rabies certificate on the kitchen counter, so I had to walk home and then back to City Hall. It was a gorgeous morning!! I liked it because it was not too hot, not too cool, but I needed sunglasses because it was so bright. All the usual characters were out. I saw Donut, and the couple with the matching wrap-around sunglasses, and a bunch of new characters out muttering to themselves and to each other. There is so much sand on the sidewalks left over from the ice storms that it looks like we're living in the desert. Are there sidewalks in the desert?

A kid in the neighborhood recently got a pogo stick and now I hear the goinky goinky metal sound as I sit here typing. It's charming.

No comments: