Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Enviable Parents

I know of many friends who are visiting their parents or going to visit with their children this week because of school vacation, and I can't help feeling a pang of envy. I don't have that kind of relationship with my folks, although I wish I did! I wish I had a mother who would greet me at the door and say I was beautiful and radiant, and parents who would love to hear what I was reading and cooking and thinking. My father would load his pipe and sit in his favorite chair and listen, and my dog Honey would be with me. I can dream, can't I?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Dear Emily,
Some of us are born to parents who look forward to our visits and support us with love and grace throughout our lives, I am thankful for that, but I also feel lucky to have found family in my friends who can be even more loving and more supportive of who I really am, as opposed to who they hope I will be!
xoxo to YOU
Sarah