Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Radiant Health

I was a vegetarian for 20 years until I met Jamie Sullivan. He's a butcher. I wasn't a true vegetarian, I was in his shop to pick up some chicken. I met his whole family. They were friendly, fit, and radiant, thereby challenging all my false notions about red-meat-eaters. The butcher shop was clean, the staff was friendly, and everything looked fresh and good! I immediately decided to give red meat a try. I had never bought it before let alone cooked it. But Jamie was friendly and kind and gave me simple instructions on how to cook a beef stew and advised me to add the potatoes and carrots in the last half hour. Of course at that time all of my friends were vegetarians so they couldn't come over for supper. I needed to find new friends!

No comments: