Friday, April 06, 2007

Quotes of the Day

Intimacy is being seen and known as the person you truly are.

     - Amy Bloom

I wish I could walk for a day and a night,
And find me at dawn in a desolate place
With never the rut of a road in sight,
Nor the roof of a house, nor the eyes of a face.

     - Edna St Vincent Millay, from the poem Departure

I now feel like writing is the most important thing I do. In some ways, it’s harder than surgery. But I do think I've found a theme in trying to understand failure and what it means in the world we live in, and how we can improve at what we do.

     - Dr Atul Gwande, surgeon

I've been doing this for 52 years. If I wanted to get a real job, ain't nobody goin' to hire me. I ain't worked in 52 years. Oh yeah, I guess it's work, but it's a different kind of gig. I'm still makin' people damn near get undressed. I'm feelin' good!

     - Bo Diddley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice quotes, Emily!
Link to Gregg Mazel's art for today!